- 31" wide x 18.5" high two-side bed rails
- For Pan-Style and Bariatric beds
- Steel construction
- Protection without confinement
- Improved design prevents rail from shaking
- Attractive brown vein finish
You Save: $79.70
Drive Medical T-Style Half Bed Rails for Hospital Beds
The Drive T Style Half Rail is ideal for protection without confining the patient. For use with Pan-Style hospital beds and Bariatric beds. Manufactured from 1" steel to added strength with an attractive brown vein finish. New improved design prevents rail from shaking. Provides maximum protection when the bed is elevated. These Drive Medical bed rails fit most manufacturers beds. Limited lifetime warranty.
Installation Instructions for Drive Medical T-Style Half Bed Rails
Because of the heavier weight limitations associated with the Bariatric Bed, two (2) brown colored side adjustment clamps are shipped with these Drive medical bed rails. These side adjustment clamps are designed to support heavier weight limitations and MUST be used when installing half length bed rails onto the bariatric bed. DO NOT use the chrome colored side adjustment clamps supplied with the half length bed rail kits, as these will not support heavier weight limitations and injury or damage may result.
1. Remove the mattress from the bed.
2. Raise the HEAD END of the bed.
3. Remove hardware kit located in the T Style Half Bed Rail box and set aside for use in installing the crossbraces.
4. Locate the two (2) mounting holes on the TOP of the pan deck by counting eight (8) rows of holes from the head end of the bed and two (2) holes in from each side of the bed.
5. Locate the two (2) mounting holes in each of the two (2) bed rail mounting brackets on the sides of the bed frame.
6. Align one (1) mounting holes on the top of one side adjustment clamp with one of the mounting holes in STEP #5 (See detail "A" image above)
7. Secure the side adjustment clamp to the TOP of the pan deck using one LONG bolt and one locknut. Hand tighten ONLY (See detail "A" image above)
8. Align the two mounting holes on the side of the side adjustment clamp with two of the mounting holes of the bed rail mounting bracket (See Detail "B" image above.)
9. Secure the side adjustment clamp to the bed rail mounting bracket using two SHORT bolts, spacers, and locknut. (See detail "B" image above.) HAND tighten ONLY.
10. Securely tighten all hardware.
11. Repeat STEPS 7-11 for the opposite side of the bed.
Note: When positioning T Style Half Length Bed Rails on the FOOT END of the bed, begin counting from the FOOT end of the bed.
12. When placing half length bed rails on the FOOT END of the bed, raise the foot end of the bed and repeat steps 4-12.
13. Position the bed in the flat position and place the mattress on the bed frame.
14. Install the half length bed rails.
INSTALLING / RAISING / LOWERING T Style Half Bed Rails Drive Medical Bed Rails
1. Pull and hold the spring loaded knob on the side adjustment clamp assembly.
2. Position the half length bed rail in the half length bed rail barrel.
3. Release the spring loaded knob on the side adjustment clamp assembly.
4. Raise the half length bed rail until the spring loaded knob clicks securely into the adjustment hole, or lower the half length bed rail until the top support of the bed rail rests securely against the top of the bed rail barrel.
5. Repeat steps #1-5 to install the other half bed rail.
6. To raise or lower the half length bed rails, hold the bed rail while pulling the spring loaded knob and repeat step 4 for both half length bed rails.
SKU: 15021BV,15021, Half Rail, Half Rails, Bed Rail, Bed Rail, T Style Half Rail, T Style Half Rails, Drive Medical Bed Rails, medical bed rails